Is your dog 7 years or older or your cat 10 years or older?
Senior Health Program
Is your pet showing signs of old age such as:
- Taking longer to get up after naps
- A sudden change in appetite
- A reluctance to walk or exercise
- A noticeable weight change
- Excessive drinking
- Abnormal coat changes
- Bad breath
Yes? Then book in for a Senior Health Check.
Willoughby Veterinary Hospital has chosen the months of June and July to focus on caring for your Senior Pets. Once a pet gets older it becomes very important that any potential illnesses are picked up early so they can be dealt with before they become a problem. There are many things we can do to slow down potential health problems, deal with the routine changes related to age, and deliver a happier, healthier pet well into their twilight years.
We have decided to make the choice easier for you to book a check-up for your senior pet by offering you special benefits during these months. Dogs over 7 years of age and cats over 10 years of age will receive the following during their check up for the special price of $249.00.
- A long-detailed consultation
- Comprehensive blood tests – a comprehensive blood panel will be performed at IDEXX laboratories which provides us with a detailed picture of your pet’s internal health (for example, kidney, liver and thyroid function). It will also act as a baseline for any future tests.
- Comprehensive urine tests – our on-site laboratory has state-of-the-art equipment allowing us to test your pet’s urine for a range of diseases such as diabetes, kidney disease and urinary tract problems. These can often be detected well before any clinical signs are obvious.
- Cats will receive a blood pressure check
- Dogs will receive a detailed faecal test (to check for worms and other unwanted things!)
- 50% off your first purchase of a bag or slab of Royal Canin Diet
- Automatic entry into our Willoughby Vet Seniors Dental Club where you receive on-going substantial discounts on dental procedures
Other things you need to know before you come in for your appointment:
- Please arrive 10 minutes early in order to complete a Senior Pet Health Questionnaire. Owner observations are especially important as they ensure nothing is overlooked and give us insight into some of the signs that might not be evident on a physical examination.
- Please bring a fresh urine sample with you (if possible) in a clean container. You can pick a container up from us prior if you’d like
- Please bring a fresh faecal sample (in a poo bag is fine)
You can book your appointment either by calling us on 9958 8775 or by clicking on the button at the bottom of the page to request an appointment. Our special seniors consultations are only available Monday to Friday in June and July. We look forward to seeing you and your senior pet at Willoughby Vet Hospital very soon.