Pet Insurance is a growing preference to make sure your vet bills are the last thing to worry about when your pet comes under strife. These days there are many companies that offer pet insurance and, like all insurers, there are many different policies and levels of cover. Contact your home or private medical insurer to see whether they offer policies for pets or come down and pick up a few brochures and speak to our staff for more information.
Things to keep in mind:
- Prices and inclusions may vary at any time.
- The premiums and excesses will vary depending on the terms of the policy.
- Some policies may charge extra for certain breeds of dogs, or may exclude certain conditions based on the breed of dog.
- Waiting periods can vary for breed specific conditions.
- Routine procedures may not always be covered. Extra cover may be taken out that will include some of these within some policies.
- When pets are older, some policies charge higher excess.
- Some policies require your pet to have yearly dentals in order to cover any dental conditions.
- If your pet has a pre-existing medical condition you should inform the pet insurer to see how it may impact your policy and coverage.
- You need to consider the policy that suits your personal requirements.
- Always consider the Policy Disclosure Statement (PDS) for each insurance to make an informed decision.
- We do not recommend one insurance policy over others.